keskiviikko 14. tammikuuta 2015

#1

12.01.2015

Flight day. Mother had taken all the stress form my shoulders and hadn't slept at all during the night. Wakeup at 0445 hours finnish time. We drank a cup of coffey and left for the airport. Outside was -12˚C, cold enough to make me more than eager to leave the country.

An hour and a half later, we arrive at the airport. Check in has already ben made the day before, so I only had to send my luggage away and head for the security check. As an employee, I was certain that all my stuff was going to be searched (its a prank among the employees). Suprizingly, that didn't happen, but I had a friendly chat with a collegue and my boss.

The flights themselves went smoothly and on time. The plane arrived in Copenhagen before scheduled, and I had 100 danish kroner left from my inter-railing trip back in summer, so I ordered some food while waiting for the final flight. I arrived in Dublin a few hours later, and to a pleasant suprize had no trouble finding the bus that would take me to Galway. The bus was 10 minutes late, but that was alright as so was my host who had promised to pick me up there. I got to eat at with their family, and felt welcomed to Ireland.

13.01.2015

First day in School. Half of the teachers were sick, so the first hours I bounced from class to class as the staff was trying to figure out where I should be. In the end I was set with an animation & gaming class, who's teacher was also absent, so the day was very easy. On the evening I got to explore Spittal village, the small town just outside Galway where I was staying. Food prizes are quite the same as in Finland, but the beer is definitely cheaper, and there is stronger boos and vine in regular stores! Horray for no governmental monopolies!!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti